Sunday, May 15, 2011

Important Things

The Age Of Innocence is Martin Scorcese's 1993 masterpiece, a film adaptation of Edith Wharton's 1920 novel. If you have seen it, you will surely remember Daniel Day-Lewis and Michelle Pfeiffer. And if you haven't, you should see it before anything else!

For this bracelet I was inspired by the following scene, and I used recycled acrylic white pearls, in various sizes (12mm, 6mm and 4mm). Total length is 20.5cm or 8 inches, but it feels more like 7.5 inches on the wrist.







ELLEN
I see you've already chosen your corner. This is the hour I like
best, don't you?

ARCHER
I was afraid you'd forgotten the hour. I'm sure Beaufort can be
very intriguing.

ELLEN
He took me to see some houses. I'm told I must move, even though
this street seems perfectly respectable.

ARCHER
Yes, but it's not fashionable.

ELLEN
Is fashion such a serious consideration?

ARCHER
Among people who have nothing more serious to consider.

ELLEN
And how would these people consider my street?

ARCHER
(lightly, disparagingly)
Oh, well, fleetingly, I'm afraid. Look at your neighbors.
Dressmakers. Birdstuffers. Cafe owners.

ELLEN
(smiling)
I'll count on you to always let me know about such important
things.

6 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous and inspired piece amor, Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very beautiful -me like!! Wish you a nice week/ Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! I knew from the moment I followed your blog that you had it in you, girl. Εύχομαι να έχεις επιτυχία και να μπορέσεις να διαδώσεις το προσωπικό σου στυλ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, now I'm blushing... But you know what? I think we have some kind of blog chemistry... :)

    ReplyDelete