Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Selfish Horse

A farmer set off on a journey with many baskets, taking both his horse and his donkey to carry the load. But after many miles, the little donkey could no longer carry all his burden. He begged the horse to help him, but the horse was quite comfortable as he was, and refused. Soon, the exhausted donkey could walk no further, and he collapsed in the road. The farmer, who had no intention of stopping, put ll the donkey's baskets on the horse's back, and continued on his way. 'I wish I had helped the donkey earlier', wailed the horse. 'Now I have to carry the whole burden alone'. (Aesop's Fables, The Selfish Horse).











So... What do you think the moral of the story is? Let me know in your comments!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely story. Thanks for featuring my donkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amoronia,

    I think the moral of the story is that the farmer should have two donkies in the first place...

    ReplyDelete