Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Hobbit

As December 14 approaches, the day when The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey comes out, I happened to watch a trailer on the Tolkien fan Facebook page. Every Tolkien fan is excited, it seems, and I am no exception. If you want to go to the movie site, where there's a lot to do, it's here.

My favorite image was this:




Naturally, I went back to the book. I wanted to find the exact lines that epitomize the whole book, so to speak. This is what I came up with:




This line is from Chapter 18, from the Thorin's last words: 'There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.' How can anyone beat that?

These words are so important to remember and so comforting, for when we have lost faith. What an inspiring line to wear! It is a 31 inch long chain necklace, so it matches all the current fashion trends perfectly, and I used a locket instead of a plain setting, to imply that all you have to do to find faith again, is to search in your soul. The treasure is in the soul. If you like this piece, it is available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment