Monday, May 23, 2011

Fairytale Bohemian Necklaces

If you follow this blog, you already know how much I love fairy tales. I made these one of a kind necklaces the other day, using hand-dyed silk cord, which adds a luxurious element, and semi precious stones, which are very bohemian... Plus the images are amazing, the Rapunzel illustration was made a very long time ago by an anonymous illustrator, and the Mermaid is of course a painting by Waterhouse, whose body of work I cherish.




 









I just love how rich the agate stones are! And there is also bloodstone, rutilated quartz, tiger eye, jasper. Magical...

4 comments:

  1. I love these designs!
    They are fantastic Demi!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE fairy tales too, Demi! I grew up listening to my mom reading German fairy tales to me at bedtime...
    Your fairy-tale inspired jewelry is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty and romantic!! i love fairy tales as well! is so nice to be transfered to magical places!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So different and whimsical. I like!

    ReplyDelete