Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Girl with the Pearl Earring

For the AW 2013-14 collection, Maria and Pier, the creative directors of Valentino, drew their inspiration from Vermeer's painting Girl with the Pearl Earring. I absolutely adored their collection, and I highlighted these (photos from Vogue, of course):










 

I also loved the models' hair and the fact that the only piece of jewelry that could be seen was a kind of pearl necklace. But I would go and combine the clothes with long Amoronia quote necklaces, for sure :)

Overall, an amazing collection!
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am seriously swooning over the collar detailing! Obscenely beautiful <3

    xo
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this collection, but I didn't know it was inspired by Girl with a Pearl Earring! Really great post :)

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete