Saturday, February 16, 2013

Goethe quote necklace

These last few weeks have been rainy, stormy, cloudy, windy or, in the best case dull. So yesterday I was looking outside the window, thinking about what an unhappy day Valentine's must have been for some people. I remembered a book from one of the top shelves in my library, about young Werther. It was in Greek, quite an old publication. And I began to read.




This is the book in its original German publication, the first print, in 1774 (image from Wikipedia). So, I suppose, if I wanted to make a jewelry piece with a quote from this book, it wouldn't be special if it was in Greek, or English. It would have to be in German, the language that Goethe wrote it in.





This is what I came up with. It is a gold heart locket, hanging from a black beaded choker. The locket reads 'Mein Herz habe ich allein', the phrase that struck me as quite strong and which I felt like using for this piece. The necklace is available here.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute necklace!!! :)

    http://dresstoexpressyou.blogspot.gr/2013/02/saint-valentines-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Τί όμορφο που είναι!
    Πολύ ωραίο το ρητό! Σοφό!

    fashionable.gr
    Lot's of love!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete