Thursday, February 14, 2013

Les Mis Necklace

I love it when my customers come to me with a specific idea in mind for a custom order. This was the case a few days ago, when a woman asked me to make her a necklace with three lines from the song 'A Little Fall of Rain', from the musical Les Miserables. You can imagine my enthusiasm!




Les Miserables is one of the most popular musicals ever, and it is based on Victor Hugo's novel. Here is part of the song which inspired this necklace, trust me, if it brings tears to your eyes, it's normal:

Eponine
Don't you fret, M'sieur Marius
I don't feel any pain
A little fall of rain
Can hardly hurt me now
You're here, that's all I need to know
And you will keep me safe
And you will keep me close
And rain will make the flowers grow.

Marius
But you will live, 'Ponine - dear God above...
If I could heal your wounds with words of love...

Eponine
Just hold me now, and let it be.
Shelter me, comfort me...

Marius
You would live
A hundred years
If I could show you how
I won't desert you now...

Eponine
The rain can't hurt me now
This rain will wash away what's past
And you will keep me safe
And you will keep me close
I'll sleep in your embrace at last
The rain that brings you here
Is Heaven-blessed!
The skies begin to clear
And I'm at rest
A breath away from where you are
I've come home from so far...


You can watch the video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment