Sunday, June 27, 2010

Natural Chic Vs Anorexic Sick

I'm so tired of having to look at unhealthy, bony models with a sad expression on their faces, tragic dramatic styling and makeup, and sickly, distorted modelling postures. It happened again today, when I tried to read a fashion magazine. Yes, tried. Tired.

To feel better, I turned to Etsy and picked some of my favorites to present here, often modelled by the designers and makers themselves. The conclusions are all yours.





























































I just love how beautiful and confident those models look! These are clothes I would gladly buy for myself. Wouldn't you?

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful ode to REAL and HAPPY female beauty!!! Great post, really love it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We need to go back to the days when model ate three square meals a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing!!! Thank you very much :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God..!!!! now I am allowed to eat something.... :)) lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic fashion for real women!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are fantastic pictures! And I'm honored to be in them :) Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would! Most of them.I especially love the ones by MQuin and larimeloom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best message for also modern women!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I share your feelings about fashion magazines. They are boring and unreal and depressing. I love the "real life" fashion from Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures, great models, great message and great article :) thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post! and thank you for letting me be a part of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are right about the all these anorexic prototypes. I like your post very much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The white Top/Skirt S.Gallo Lace, by AliceCouture would be what I would choose.
    your posts are always insightful and I am happy to have discovered your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your comments, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank You!!!
    Great post. I love it.
    Betty, :)

    ReplyDelete