Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Athena Andreadis - Peeling Apples Inspired Collection: Finding England

As you remember from one of my previous posts, I had promised to present to you a series of jewelry pieces inspired by the lovely Athena Andreadis, and more specifically, her new album, Peeling Apples.

This is the first item I made. It is a pair of earrings that feature the Union Jack, inspired by the UK flag pillow, which is in Athena's video.





When I made these, I realised how amazing they look with all the latest fashion trends, plus they are classics! I mean, who doesn't want the Union Jack in their wardrobe?

And here's the video. You may want to check it out more carefully, if you are going to be in London on the 27th of March... Here's why.





Good luck! Let me know if you happen to go :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it when people are inspired by different art forms to create unique pieces that cannot by any means be compared to something else. I have not heard of this artist before. I will listen to the track when I get a breather. I think your earrings will be sold out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magda!!! I'm so happy for your comment!!! Thank you so much for the kind words :) Athena is fantastic, look her up on MySpace, YouTube and her own website, I have a feeling you are going to be amazed!

      Delete