Saturday, August 14, 2010

Night in Morocco, Carpet Necklace with Bamboo and Antique Copper

And just when I was preparing myself for more 'Lazing' blog posts, with relaxing photos of the beaches I have been visiting during my holidays, I received an email from Evelyn, of creationsbyeve, that she is currently the host of the EST weekly challenge, and she has picked the theme 'Morocco'.



The idea for a carpet necklace is not new to me; I had made a modern carpet neckace, thinking of Aladdin in the modern times last year. But Eve's theme was a chance for me to develop that idea. Carpets are soft, sensuous, inviting you to walk barefoot on them, they dress your home all year round, they lend incredibly beautiful decoration with their patterns, and on top of that, handmade carpets are one of a kind. So if you can't afford a real handmade, one of a kind, artisan carpet, you might want a carpet necklace!

This necklace is only the beginning... More carpet one of a kinds will come soon in my Etsy shop. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment